Thread: Pro Comp heads
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 10:20 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

My opinion why pro comp heads got a bad rap is a lot of people are selling them complete assyl. by pro comp .
The bare heads are fine we have done tons of them using good parts in them and we have had no problems with them.
And I'm sure there are plenty of engine builders that have used them with out problems the pro comp valves are very heavy and the springs they have are also not very good .
I'm sure Nye's would not use them if they were junk .
Now with that being said you can improve the heads by doing some hand work on them every set we do we don't just put them together and ship them and i tell my customers that also. but we cant sell them as cheap as some are here on rj because we use ferra manley and comp parts in them and iv heard that a lot that they can buy them cheaper and you can but i would not recommend it and i want sell them with pro comp parts in them .
A person should buy there heads for what they are using them for and the power range they are looking for.
If you want to get the most power from a set of heads i would recommend (Curtis Boggs) for that he is one of the best in the business.

We have built plenty of the pro comp heads and and they have put out some pretty impressive no#'s at the track for what they are but again they was not thrown together at pro comp.
Just My 2 cents worth I'm not trying to sell anyone heads or tell them to buy the pro comp heads there just not a bad head for the money.