View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 08:31 PM
floritejoe
APPRENTICE

Default Re: Optima Batteries

Originally Posted by hammertime
Originally Posted by floritejoe
Going to buy a new Optima battery for my drag car. I've had some people say to run the standard red-top and some swear by the yellow top deep cycle one. which is best? What is the advantage to running a deep cycle battery? I do drive the car on the street for short trips to car shows, but thats about it. I run a small denso alternator and the car has a crap load of electric driven stuff:

Water pump
Two fuel pumps
NOS system
MSD digital 7 box
Electric fans
Bottle heater

I know the little alternators only put out about 50-60 amps, but I have no room for a full size one...Any helpfull advice on choosing the right battery would be great! Thanks, Joe
Dont buy a optima go to Napa and get a Napa Orbital better battery longer warranty and best thing less money.

Last 3 race cars have all had optima in them when I buy them, usually within a year or two they just go bad replaced everytime with a Napa Orbital likes going to 16v setup over the Optima.
Thanks for the info, I know about the Napa batteries but I'm more concerned with the difference between a deep cycle and a standard battery. which is better for my app?