View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 08:31 AM
markdunlap
DYNO OPERATOR

Default dumb

I look at the car ads all the time. I have bought and sold cars on this site with no issues. I see lots of quality cars on this site today that have all your listed requirements as far a pictures and info.

I look for cars in my driving radius, price range, body style, with well written ads and lots of pictures. Then I call, and if the guy is friendly I go from there.

I never buy a car with an engine. If the car or the engine lets you down, you have too much money in what's left and you will never feel good about it. Engines can be misrepresented as far as internal parts or number of runs.

The last car, I bought from Maryland and I live in Illinois. Spent 2 weeks and had lots of pictures sent to me. Sent $500 deposit and met the guy 1/2 way. The car turned out better than the pics and got a good trans and converter thrown in on the deal. I am still racing that car with that trans and converter for around $10000 cost. The guy has even called me back and offered to buy the car back.

I never buy a car that is not current certified. Just ads to the resale value.

I always buy a rolling chassis with everything I want already done. If you start changing things after you buy it, you should have bought a better car.

I also believe you can not build a car for what you can buy a good used car for. And if you want to race, why wait to race having a car built.

Don't buy a car because it is cheap. buy the one you really want. Don't buy cars that don't have resale value. Vegas, Monzas, S-10's, hard tail dragsters were great cars in their day, but no one is going to buy one from you by the time you want to sell it. Don't think you are never going to sell your car.

Too much snow, roads not plowed out yet, too cold, and bored today, so don't take offense if you opinion differs from mine.