View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 07:52 AM
JKO
SHOW GUEST

Ok i have some new info. just exhausting all possiblitlies

I pulled altenator so i can actually see the pointer & balancer its showing 32deg. base & advancing to 52 degs. ok the obvious is way too much total timing so i have a few questions.
#1 could too much timing be the prob. of car running out of motor on the top end.
#2 if answer to #1 is yes then why doesn't it effect the car anywhere else it leaves well i'm shifting at 7000 it pulls all the way no issues like on top end ( its advancing almost instantly very light springs)
#3 I kind of think its maybe the wrong balancer i did put it on TDC & it was zero'ed on blancer & pointer though.( could balncer be too small which would throw actual timing off) I didn't think the car would run well at ldel w/ 32degs of timing.
#4 if its in fact too small a balancer then i'll never really know the actual timing & need to adj. from where its at but the car didn't want to run in gear when i 1st got it so w/ out checking the timing i marked the block & distr. and advanced it maybe an 1/8th of an inch & it woke up & runs prefect so that kind of tells me something not right cause the car should run base timing of 10-12degs. input is welcome i'm not a mech just learning.