View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 09:22 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Get as much education as you can. Don't make the same mistake as i did, i came out of HS, worked at hob nob jobs in the beginning, got married at 19, had 3 babies in rapid succession. I finally got my head out of my butt and started at a tool and die shop, went to school at nite, learned the tool and die trade, and wound up with a mechanical Engineering degree. All said and done i would have never gotten married so young (but my kids are great they are all college graduates) i later got into CNC programming and machining and have never in my life been out of a job in any state that i lived in, i've never been layed off and have never taken a day of unemployment in my life, and i'll be 72 in 3 mos. months and i still build engines on the side. I've also raced since i was 16 yrs. old and built every engine and car that i've ever ran. Bottom line get the education, don't fall in lust, and work at a fast food place at nite if you have to, too make you truck payments.
Yes i'm broke and on SS, but i have a $100,000.00 in cars and real estate that there's no market for at this time. So success is not always golden, but it's been and still is fun.
Like Mopar (i think) says i started with nothing and i still have most of it :lol:

JMO

Zip.