View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 12:39 PM
m3ll0n
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by gearhead1011
Sorry I think waiting at least 5 months to inspect something you bought used on the internet is a little long. Anything could've happened to them in that much time. In the very least someone should have looked at it before changing the tire. If the seller is offering to split the cost of a new wheel when the guy bought used wheels to start with it seems he is being reasonable. Whether or not I am ready to use something bought like this I take it out of the box and inspect it, you never can tell if something has been damaged in transit and there is always a fairly small window to file a claim.
Guess i took the honor system for granted. Didn't expect someone to send a bum wheel to me and not mention a single word about it. I do have receipts for when i bought and mounted tires that correspond with when i got a hold of the seller to inform him of the bum wheel he sold. I still have the boxes in the garage. I never would have suspected shipping damage cause the boxes are still intact. Yes the offer was made to split the cost of a new front wheel...but if the seller isn't financially able to pay me 160 what makes you think hes able to pay me half of that? Especially when after the fact he was given two months to make this right. At this point i should have just bought all new wheels cause i'm gonna have as much if not more money and time wrapped up in some used wheels as i would have in brand new ones.