Thread: Why do tracks
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 02:03 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Why do tracks

Even open when they know its cold outside and then not prep the track for anything with hp ?!?

I had a very frustration weekend to say the least.. went to 131 yesterday to break in some new tires and make sure everything woked well after the rewire. I couldnt even begin to tell you how bad that place was .. at 1000ft I was thanking the big guy above I didnt total my car on my 3rd pass down the track ... $100.00 bucks and my day down the drain ...

today I really wanted to see if these tires works .. went to Milan .. today was nicer and the sun was out so I thought I would be in luck .. boy was I wrong !! I couldnt get past 500ft today without feeling like I was on a slip and slide.... I even called before I left and asked if it was going to be sprayed and prepped as I had a 7.4's car.. sure will be I was told. I even tried a buddies tires straight off his car ... same results.

sorry for the venting but its unreal to me why tracks put people in danger like this ... and I guess shame on me for even trying to race at these places with mid 50's weather ?!?

I hope to get one last effort at it this next weekend at Norwalks Halloween Classic .. that place will be prepped !!