View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 10:08 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by OneBadGMC
As has already been stated on other forums...

You can see at the end of the rear tire marks where the right front locked up. Nobody knows why.

After the right front locked, the steering went into convulsions and caused the roll.

The cage was absolute garbage, and not fit for a garbage truck, much less a race car. Anyone notice the angle of the main hoop? Lack of bar behind the seat? Padding on rear down tubes, but nowhere your head might hit. How about the nitrous bottle being mounted where you can bang your noggin on it?

Driver was probably strapped in, but more than likely the passenger wasn't. (Look at the seat belts).

Definitely a sad story, but totally preventable. This guy is going to wind up going to jail for manslaughter more than likely, not to mention being sued by whatever relatives the dead guy has left.

There is also a bunch of information errors in the article, showing the ignorance of the press, and apparently people in general standing around rubber necking at the dead guy and wrecked car.

How about the fact that the whole article looked like a big ad for the emergency services of the local area? What about the funeral home taking the body before the coroner released it?

All issues brought up on other forums.

Shitty accident. Poor reporting.
Ya know, I thought that was kinda weird about the NOS bottle being there right where your head could hit it. The funeral car to... & the people looking at the body... all kinda weird to me... not professional. How about the guy w/ no shirt standing there??? who was he??? If I was family member, I would be pissed that a bunch of no-shirt hillbillies are standing around looking the bodies over & probably talking about what is still good on the car to use!!! Too bad.....