View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I finally got my rear wheels today. I am not too happy with them.They look okay but not for a brand new wheel. There are visible machine marks in the aluminum like what you would expect to see from something turned on a lathe if that makes sense... and they are very wavey. If you run your hand around the inside of the wheel (the dished part that is polished where the valve stem hole is) it is very wavey. It makes the wheel look like it has dents in it. You can see it 8 feet away.I called to tell them and was basically told tough shit, in so many words.I started the call calm and polite but ended up furious after about 10 minutes of this guy's attitude.The dude was very rude and made it sound like I was impossible to please. First he said that any wheel 14 inches wide will look that way nothing they can do about it...He told me I could send them back but I would have to wait probably 3 or 4 weeks for replacements, and there was no gaurentee the new ones would be any better.He went on to say they could even be worse.I said " so basically you are telling me that Centerline wheels can't make a 14 inch wide wheel that does not look like it has been hit with a ball pien hammer?" he said "Don't know what to tell ya.." I told him I guess I will be finding out who I need to talk to about this company and their business ptractices and he said "Do what you got to do buddy...I can't stop you from running your mouth...without seeing them myself I can't say..but apparently nothing is going to live up to your standards." I also told him they were marked production date June 18...he then told me the garbage about testing and what not...

I finally hung up on him. I aint sending them back I am tired of their crap...but I will publically bash them( with completely accurate, facts only) to anyone who will listen.

p.s. Also no SFI stickers either,which I requested two seperate times.

Rant over...lol