Old 04-27-2007, 07:19 AM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

Well Mr. Vanceengines.....
Looks like you have been around the block a time or two yourself.
It really amazes me that an engine builder can give out such good information and has a good handle on chassis setups and what they are doing. More so than a lot of "chassis builders " I have run into in my days..

I have printed out your article to read, 17 pages, as my eyes are not as good at reading computer screens too long, and have looked through it quickly, but will re read it more in depth this weekend.

There is not a lot of information out there as there should be on chassis setups and designs, and anyone who is serious about these cars should pick up as many books and videos and any good articles as they can find.

I do agree with you that it is very hard to tune chassis over the internet, and care must be taken giving such advise. Someone who comes on a forum and asks," my ladderbar car goes to the right when i launch on trans brake, what should I do?" , has no simple answer. Not seeing the car, it could be as simple as a little preload, or the whole chassis could be out of wack and need a major overhaul.
But I find most guys these days want quick simple answers to all their car problems, and are unwilling to read and learn. These guys will always be running in the back of the pack trying to catch up in all areas of their cars.

Anyway, thanx for posting this bit of information, with your permission, I would like to print it out and give it to my customers who want it, if that is ok with you.

I see you also post over on the yellow bullet forums, a place were "angels fear to tread", :shock: I will see you there somethime.

And as for your signature sir, "may the Lord bless you and keep you, all the days of your life"