View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 07:27 PM
andybyrd
MASTER BUILDER

Default car setting 1'' higher on right side,

I wan't to thank everyone that has been replyen to all my questions, I've had a lot. and now another, I haven't worked for a year now so I just have a lot of time on my hands and I can't get the chassis guy to call me back for the scaling. so I've been doing a lot of reading. some I understand some I don't but I read a post in here today that got my attention. it was a 2007 post from my edvanceengines about a man that had his car comming off the line with the right side up 4'' higher than the left side and he said he had only seen that happen on 2 cars in his life and those 2 cars were ones that he was just making crazy experimental type adjustments on and that he no dought had to work them out, now my car does the very same thing, right side up everytime 4'' higher than the left. wether its 2' off the ground or 4' off the ground the right side is allways higher. now as I stated in another post with my 5.14 gear and the wheelie bars it comes out and went to the right 3 times then it started going to the left. so I went home and checked everything out the only thing I found wrong was my panhard bar brakett was about to fall off so I tightened it up put a 5.67 gear in it to bring my rpms up to 6900 in the 1/8 from 6200 and man you could not drive the car. it's 60' foot braking with the 5.67 was 1.35 and with the 5.14 foot braking was 1.42 comming out with the 5.14 on the Trans brake @4000 it would go 60' @1.36 and I drove the car with pleasure untill I put the 5.67 in it. so what I have come up with is that now I want to learn how to do all these adjustments myself. Now I'm not stupid I'm just Ignorant about this part of the game. so I have a simple question. when your car pulls right hard out of the box do you need more or less preload on the right rear tire, now if it pulls you hard to the left what would be your first thought. now in the title I wrote my car sets 1'' higher on the right than the left all the way from front to back. it is a 85 camaro it has strange struts in the front and Alden eagle coilovers in the rear and the front is stiff as a brick you can set on it and it don't move. is this 1'' higher thing the preload thats in the car on the right. I allways just thought it was built that way but the more I read the stupider I feal. so I know this is a long post but I had no other way of asking. I know I could put the 5.14 back in it and it would be ok but I know this 5.67 is going to make this thing get right and I may have to go back down to a 5.43 but I at least need to try the 5.67 being I've already put it in. Thanks for any help
Andy