View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 11:47 AM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

I like them for drag and for street.
I am not fond of any of the Moroso stolen idea products though. Rick Moroso and I had a big round and round about that a few months ago.

Still, I guess using thier's is better than not using any. Canton is the company that came out with the Accusump Oil Accumalator for performance use, and that is what I prefer.

They both work the same way on the same priinciple though. I have only had one customer have a failure issue with one of them. That is becuase they had it on their car, but had the thing not in use, so it did them no good, when they lost oil pressure with a busted oil pan. Might not have done them any good anyway though, because that pan was busted into the oil pump.

There is an initial oil charging process to be done at the first install. If you buy the remote electric solenoid valve life is much easier.

Turn ignition switch on wait a few seconds before cranking, enjoy seeing your oil pressure guage move with oil pressure before even rotating the engine. Even better is if you are also pre-heating the oil ith an oil heater before starting it.

When the engine starts, the Accumalator is re-filled with fresh oil and pressure of what is in the engine. Oil is not circulated through the accumulator. Oil with pressure remains inside unless your engine's oil pressure goes below the pressure where the release valve is calibrated to open. Then the valve opens and flods the lube system with either 1 1/2 qts or 3 qts of oil under pressure one time. When oil pump again pumps oil, the Accumulator gets re-filled. If oil pump pumps no more oil, that is it. If Accumulator is filled again, when you shut off ignition you have fresh oil supply under pressure once again stored for pre-start pre-lube.

I believe that only the Canton has the different pressure calibrated release valves. Not sure.

Ed