View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 07:40 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DRTRCR22
I hear ya Brian... 21 years of cop work with 10 years of that as a homicide CSI is all I could take. I retired 6 years ago and just now quit having most PTSD nightmares waking me up all night long every night. Most people call me a liar if/when I describe the scenes I had to sort thru and collect. I have had to stand by several times watching people take their last labored breath through their blown off face or chest, but the worst are the children victims. You get home after a very long traumatic nightmare with little to no sleep, and your wife wants to why you can't stop crying. You can't tell her or your kids because you need to preserve her sanity too, you just give them a big hug and go hide in your bedroom. That career is definitely not for the average person with a weak stomach, as adding your own vomit to an already brutal crime scene is not good for court evidence presentation. I definitely see the world in a different way than most people do... it is definitely a F'd up world now days...
BTW, today May 15th, is National Law Enforcement Day, so please say a prayer for them too, because they are a silent victim too...
Yes sir I also deal with PTSD its also at night nightmares. At times I feel like I have it beat then out of the blue it comes out of nowhere tense Anxiety. I have also been around much of what you mentioned. I try to forget it. Does certain smells trigger yours ? Do you sit in a restaurant with your back to the wall facing the door ? Do you feel un-comfortable in large crowds to the point of anxiety ? lets talk sometime. sending u a PM.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "