View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 08:27 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by suicidebomb
Yes David, that's the one. I kinda had those same thoughts, just 5 more qts. of hot fluid. Is there an ideal operating range as far as temp. goes?

So far that's the only style Shogun I've found, is there another style that works better? Biggest reason I ask is I have a good sized radiator type oil cooler, with a fan on it, If that's as good as it gets...I'll use it.

Well the drainback issue didn't occur to me dparker, but what if a guy put check valves in the lines to hold the fluid in the cooler, would this give the best of both worlds situation, or am I headed for another burn down.
I wasnt sure if shogun had made any other one or not, I went away from the extra fluid ones 3-4 yrs ago, when ya round robin it sucks. Ideal temp for me is 170 and lower but most trans guys will tell ya 220 is ok. My trans guy is a nut about this and wants all to be under 180 no matter what. Not sure about not being able to run the b&m cooler with fan when ya get back, I have mine setup to run off a switch and run it whenver it gets 175ish but they come with a temp sensor to come on at 165 degrees. hope this helps