Old 12-19-2009, 10:32 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

How well i remember those days. When i first started drag racing in 1956 at Oswego Dragway in Il. Union Grove Wi., and US 30 Dragway in In. and Byron- Rockford Il. I got to see all the old timers, Geo. Montgomery, 34 Willy's ith a blown Caddy, Stone,Woods, and Cook. TV Tommy Ivo, Gartlits, Pete Robison, Cris the Greek, and the list goes on and on (fun memories) By 1966 i became one of them with a record setting blown sm/blk in a 1956 T'Bird. When i first moved to Anderson S.C. and went to StarLite Drayway (aka Ware Sholds) (BJ's home track he was just a puppie then) in 1968 they were still on a flag. Man i've been racing for over 50 yrs. and still don't have my fill ( i loved those days) God willing, the creek don't rise, and i can find the money to finish my blown Anglia, i'll repeat some of those days and revisit Ware Sholds.

PS, in case some don't know it the King Richard Petty only tried drag racing a couple yrs. He lost the car,went up into the stands and killed 2 or 3 people and quit drag racing after that.

Zip.