View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 05:12 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

MY BROTHER JUST GOT BACK FROM A 2700 MILE TRIP IN HIS 48 dodge pickup[AIR/ CRUISE/ TILT/ POWER DISC BRAKES/318 AUTOMATIC/BRIGHT RED PAINT/REDONE INTERIOR/ TORSION BAR FRONT SUSPENSION]---he covered 7 states/deserts/mountains/snow/ and lots of highways---the funny thing is all of his parts came from a CORDOVA donor car/ some new parts for the engine rebuild/new rims/tires/ brakes etc.---but nowhere near 30,000 dollars of parts--there are many ways to build with used parts combined with newer ideas that do not cost outlandish money[ it is called fabricating and hot rodding]

i think in the last few years builders have got away from that and just BUY it all new[SORRY but i won't build that way] and i have alot of guys around this area that can not afford that and wouldn't if they could.
it is time to get back to real building and away from the BARRET JACKSON STUPIDITY of the now builders.
only my thoughts -i know they don't mean much at times but has kept alot of old cars back on the road[ and yes they pass safetey inspections]

LIVELY--my older brother and his 48 DODGE :lol: