Thread: First time out.
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 10:34 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Default First time out.

Guys I got my 69 camaro to the track for the first time this past weekend. 2 long years of hard work and time finally came down to this weekend.
The car ran great first pass was 6.01 w/ a 1.41 short time. It got loose about half track and come to findd out I got a hole in the tranny cooler and fluid leaked on the track and obviously got on my rear tires.
Back in the pits I cleaned up the mess and looped the lines and bypassed the cooler just to make a few more test runs, I know bypassing the cooler wasnt the good idea but I cooled the tranny down really good after each run with a big fan and let it sit plenty between runs also ( about an hour) before making any more passes.
I ran it three more times with the best pass being a 5.81 w/ a 1.34 sixty foot. The last three passes were all with three hundreths, with a 5.83, 5.82 and a 5.81 all footbraking with no transbrake. So it's definetly in the heat.
I definetly feel like there is more there and being how hot and muggy it was I know the jetting wasn't as close as it should be so I'd say that maybe there's some 5.70's in the future with some good air and milder temps.
Hopefully by next weekend I'll get all the bugs worked out of it and get to run in the program and compete. I cant wait to win some races and put the 69 in the winners circle.
I'll keep ya'll updated, Charles