View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 10:18 PM
DRTRCR22
EXPERT BUILDER

Sorry man... I've been there done that... many times. I feel for ya.

You know what to say when those idiots jerk your chain like that Sam...? You tell them to go F off, and that you will just let it rot into the ground before you give it away to some smartazz who just likes to screw with people and take advantage of others...

It all depends how bad you want it out of your sight, but please try not to do stupid stuff like I did. About ten years ago I had a VERY nice bright red 69 Cougar XR7 351C-4V that I had probably over $20K in it and won four big car shows. I had built the car for my wife, but then one day she decided she didn't need me anymore and left me after 18 years. Well, I got the car in the divorce, and I was so pissed at her that I let a collector talk me out of it for $2500.00 so it would get out of state and out of my face where I would never have to see that car again. I had been trying to sell it and could not get anyone even make me a serious offer on it, until one day a about year later when I totally lost all comoon sense and gave it away! But hey, the car is gone...! and yes I have been kicking myself in the azz ever since...! I saw one go across Barrett Jackson identical to mine, that sold for so much I almost cried.... hell it probably WAS mine...!
Jim