Thread: US 41 Dragway
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 04:28 PM
LEONWOODARD
SHOW GUEST

Default US 41 Dragway

On Saturday July 25, 2009 a 9 year old little girl and 3 of her friends where standing in the staging lanes watching her father do a little T&T when a little boy on a dirt bike flew past them going too fast. The little girl yelled out "Slow down". The little boy raised his middle finger and said "F*** you, you Black B*****". A few moments went by then the little boy turned his dirt bike around and ran the little girl over and called her a "Nigger".

In tears and pain the little girl went to get her Father and told him what happened.

Track officials notified the EMT on site to examine the injury.

Track officials stated that once the little boy was located that he would be removed from the track. When track officials located the little boy he was not removed, instead the officials called the police on the Dad of the injured girl.

The Newton County police arrived took the statement of the accused and did not take the statement of the victim and told the Dad of the injured child that there was nothing that they could do because they weren't there to see it themselves. They were reluctant to even take a report.

To add insult to injury when the owner of the track was notified of the incident and asked what if he was a victim of something of the sort he stated" I don't care what people call me! I don't have anything to do with that!"

In the end the Newton County Police did nothing, the track reneged on it's promise to remove the little boy, the little girl was taken to Jasper County Hospital due to the fact that the injury to her foot was so severe she needed further treatment.

It saddened my heart to see something like that happen to a child so young due to circumstances she had no control over, not to mention the fact that nobody, not even the track assumed responsibility for it and apologized :shock: