View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 09:18 PM
chevyart
MASTER BUILDER

Default car not revving

hey cpx only thing i didnt explain right is in the second line i meant to say that i thought it would be a 10.80 to 10.90 pass and i said 11.90 for first number instead of 10.90. all the rest i would not change.. i said my 60 foot time didnt make a difference in that it was poor (high 160s) and they were all the same . but the ETs dropped progressively from 1135 up to 1145 up to 1155. first run felt great as i said but et was poor for how it felt and the next two runs felt a little funny and got slower each additional run. and stranger still is that the MPHs were all about the same(119.5 mph) i would think that if it was a carb problem all the runs would all have been all the same(bad) but i had the good first run. i kmow this car well and something is wrong. carb i put on is a 750 and has the proform center, jet extensions and all the other goods stuff. i know the jetting is riught and the floats are adjusted properly. only thin on carb that i question is the front power valve, which is the 3.5 and just ma its is too low. most carbs have the 6.5 power valve. is is possible the it isnt opening when it is supposed to due toi the low number(3.5) i am putting in a 6.5 in front and going back out and try the car out again.. i know nothing else is wrong with that carb that i did on the rebuild with new center section and the jets are right for the setup, as prescribed by proform for that center section. i will also pay close attention to fuel pressure going through the traps. i will also rebuild the old carb and try it if the car still has the problem. it is the logicasl thing to do.. old carb was almost stock. only the choke housing was milled and the jets were stock size for the 700 cfm carb and there werent even jet extensions, and no power valve in rear and the car ran like a clock around 10.95 to 11.00.. i will chime back in after i run the car. any comments on what i just said thanks art