Thread: EBAY SUCKS
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 10:01 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I sent him this immediately after the auction.

Thanks for the purchase.As I stated in the auction I couldn't figure out how to plug more than one box in the shipping calculator,so I stacked all 4 together and entered that measurement. I went to UPS.COM just now and got a shipping quote for the one large package 17x18x44 @66 lbs it was about what the ebay calculator said...around $41. I also quoted it as two packages...one rear wheel and one front wheel per package(was thinking of taping the two boxes together)shipping them this way was way more expensive. $62.44. I'm not sure which way would be the safest for your wheels.I will tape all 4 together really well and write "do not stack or drop" on all 4 sides. If you are comfortable with that that's what I'll do. If you would rather them be two seperate boxes then shipping will be $62.44. Let me know which way you want them shipped and I will pack them in my CENTERLINE wheel boxes as securely as I can.If one box is ok then shipping will be what the ebay calculator said. Thanks again.

Then 4 days later this

Just a reminder about your wheels. Could you please let me know when you will send payment or if you didn't get the invoice I sent. Thank you

Then this on FRIDAY

I was just wondering if there was a problem with your payment or if you didn't receive the invoice I sent regarding the wheels. If there is a problem I would appreciate it if you would let me know. If for some reason you do not intend to complete the transaction,could you please let me know so I can attempt to sell them to someone else? Thank You
Todd

Then this on Saturday,one week after the Auction

Do not send payment. I sold the wheels to the next highest bidder. It has been a week and you have not responded to my messages. If there was a problem delaying payment I would have worked with you but since there was no communication on your part I had to do a second chance offer. Sorry

I have only had one person ever before that didn't pay the day of or the day after the Auction when using paypal...I have had a couple pay with money orders and they at least contacted me and let me know. I thought that's how it was supposed to work...is it common for people to NOT at least acknowledge they got the invoice? I have had zero contact from him.