View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 05:05 PM
fishmanjoe
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default looking for a gasser

HEY RIGS, I went into that section and found a 55 in KY.for $7500,it is ad 1405678 and found a 39 ford coupe in TENN. FOR $10500.am going to make a couple calls Monday AM.Back IN THE 60'S AND 70'S a guy from Wilm. De.ran a C/G anglia on the East coast.He was a national champ a couple yearrs with that little black car.Anyway I was talking to a buuddy of mine today and he told me,this guy ,ROSS DONAVAN , still has that ANGLIA in his garage ,after all these years.I met ROSS in 1970 when I started racing at CECIL COUNTY DRAGWAY.THERE was half dozen of us that all worked at DUPONT CO.We all had just got out of the service from NAM and we had money saved up and the first things we did after getting home was buy a new set of wheels.The bunch of us all had the same corner in the pits every weekend at CECIL COUNTY.ROSS was the old man of the gang ,he ad been racing since the early 60's.Anyway, I am going to contact Ross and see if he will give me and son some pointers on setting this gasser.I will let you guys know how we make out with this upcoming project.FISHMANJOE