View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 08:13 AM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by bjuice
Hey Cris..just some food for thought..if your gonna do the 1st time paint thing on your car.. and if its in efforts to save money only..you might want to check on the "Peach" or "Macco" discount paint jobs.....they can paint your entire car cheaper then you can buy the PAINT ALONE !

I gave my buddy a bunch of CHIT for taking one of his drag cars there..but damn if it didn't look decent when he got it back.....all for the low cost of $300.00...

the key with these companies is that they do not do much prep work. Bondo,blocking etc..they will just sand enough for paint adhesion...

you may consider doing the prep work yourself and get that bad boy straight and smooth and let them spray it.....just a thought from your ole friend here in S.C.

Hotrod is a painter i am sure he can tell you a few things..
Hey Brian,
Its not really a money issue, I have always wanted to learn how to paint so I figured this would be the time to do it. Hopefully it will turn out good. I know that the prep work is what makes or breaks a paint job. I am going to take my time and do it right. Glad to hear you got the Camaro running again. Next season I am going to have to bring my Camaro up there. I see were you are going to rewire your Camaro, I am going to do the same thing with mine. I don't see why people can not make a wiring job neat. Easier to troubleshoot if something happens. Take it easy my friend and I will talk to you later.