View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 06:22 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

ok here is the way i have explained it to people in the past.....

tell him to think about the feeling you get when his car excelerates from a dead stop or in 1st gear ( low gear) and the "PUSHING YOU BACK IN THE SEAT" feeling you get.....tell him at whatever point he feels this feeling to be the greatest is more then likley the highest ( strongest point) of his cars TQ curve...
now tell him as he shifts into 2nd,then 3rd and 4th,,,possibly 5th and 6th gear...the "PRESSING YOU BACK IN THE SEAT" feeling gets less and less..but the car gets faster and faster..this is where the HP Curve starts rising and the TQ curve falls to its lowest...

this is the simplist way i know of explaining it to someone that truly dosen't understand the difference.....

now get him to imgaine..what his rice burner would feel like if he could KEEP THE SAME "PRESSING YOU BACK IN THE SEAT FEELING" he experiences in low gear...while he is in the highest gear he has and the highest MPH..

This is called 632 bbc on a 300 shot....lol

if he doesn't understand this..he needs a moped.

i betcha he doesn't understand why a car running 6.80et at 102 mph outruns a car that turns a 7.00et at 109 mph......

all they see is MPH.....

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "