Thread: Rain
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 06:37 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by csx8506
The Rabbit,
I live near Tifton, Ga. about 180 miles, give or take, from Augusta. We got 7 and 1/2" of rain from midnite till daylite. The pond behind our house rose over 3 and 1/2 FEET in the same amount of time! We got more rain in that span of time than we've had in any month this year so far!!! I can't remember what nite that was, either I'm getting older or have CRS!
I saw some bad looking storms on the radar in your area yesterday.

I live right in the middle of town 1 mile from the Savannah river. Usually storms follow the river, but I think the city pushes a lot of the storms north and south and just around my house. People a little south of me, like my parents have gotten more than I have in the last few weeks. With this much rain if you get much wind you start up-rooting big trees and I sure don't need that to happen. I've got a big pine that's been dying for several years and it scares the heck outta me every time a storm comes through. I gotta get it cut down before it falls on somebody's house or my house.

DD the bad thing about all this rain is it's really too late for most of the farmers. It was hot and really dry in the spring and first part of summer.