Thread: Gotta Love Ebay
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 06:37 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default Try this

David I agree- Ebay is a joke. I am glad most of my extra stuff is gone.

All I could do was leave him a positive, which I did, but the comment was "Unhappy so offered THIS CLOWN a full refund". Of course he replied to the comment denying it even though I had the emails. So I left him another comment for members to contact me through Ebay for the emails and added a smiley face. That seems to have ticked him off.

So I then filed with Ebay under feedback extortion and sent them his emails. Now we know that they wont do anything-know why?

I did some research on the web, and found that they (Ebay) have to represent themselves as an open trading platform in an attempt to eliminate any liability associated with a fraudlent transaction. In other words if you get scammed you could sue and make them a defendant suggesting that their tools helped facillitate the scam. The want to call themselves a "meeting place" for people to exchange goods and services.

So the only time they really ever intercede is if they deem their failure to get involved as culpability the other way.

Obviously they want your fees but dont want any liability.

The best way to sell parts anymore is at a swap meet face to face where you can communicate and look each other in the eye.

Scorp