View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 06:06 AM
jdracecars
JOURNEYMAN

Default Re: TO DO OR NOT TO DO? ETHICS

Originally Posted by Scorpion1110
Originally Posted by blownalky3
Lets say this is indeed a small world and someone who screws you years ago never sending your part, wants to now purchase something from you, having zero clue as to who you are. Lets say this person has actually screwed many people out of their money or parts and after recouping said personal screwing, there would be $750+ left over. The question of the day is do I . :lol: ...............................

A) SEND REMAINING MONEY TO UNBIASED THIRD PARTY TO REFUND OTHERS SCREWED BY THIS PERSON. MANY CASES ARE VERIFIED AND REFUNDS I AM SURE WOULD BE WELCOMED?

B) DO BUSINESS AS USUAL AND SEND THE PARTS PAID FOR BY SAID THIEF EVEN THOUGH HE OWES YOU AND HAS SCREWED MANY?

C) REFUSE TO DO BUSINESS WITH THIS PERSON BASED ON PRINCIPAL?

Might be kinda funny to turn the tables, but I am not quite sure I could do it. Thoughts?????????????????????????????????????????? ????
Blown:

You know Scammers cry exceptionally loud. Especially if you have the audacity to rectify the scam situation; how dare you.

Its almost a guarantee that this guy will whine, maybe post here, pound his chest, tell you he's an important man in the community etc. He might even contact Law Enforcement to see what its like to be on the other side.

With that said, and assuming you have verifiable documentation, what would a business do? What would the IRS do?

If you owe something to a business, have an Accounts Payable; what you send goes to your outstanding balance, and the delta goes to your new purchase.

If you treat it as a business transaction, sell him the part, apply his payment to amounts do and payable, and invoice him for the difference.

Id like to see him attack that in Court- very difficult for him to do.

But at least he will whine louder.

Scorp
Very well stated and outlined scorp. If you proceed as scorp stated most judges in any court or law enforcement agent will see right through the cry baby scammer and realize he or she's finally getting a little of her own medicine.

As for the ethics involved, your just applying their money to past due debts. Kinda like the guy that owes everyone money but you still hear or see him going out to dinner two to three times a week at a fancy restuarants. When you question his practices, he simply replies, "well a man's gotta eat doesn't he?" Well heres an idea. Go to an inexpensive restuarant and use the money your saving to atleast make an attempt to make good on your debts.

Just my thoughts!!

LINE EM UP AND LETS RACE!!