View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 08:11 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by OneBadGMC
http://www.dartheads.com/dartboard/showthread.php?t=303

Q: Where is the SHP block made?

Arons: The SHP block is made in the USA. While some of our competitors are going to low-cost imports from China and India, Dart is committed to maintaining high quality. Our blocks are cast in American foundries where we can constantly monitor the quality of the material and workmanship. If there is a problem, we fix it today, not three or four months later. Except for the actual pouring of the iron, every step of production is done in-house at Dart's manufacturing facilities in Michigan. We use the same Makino CNC machining centers to produce SHP blocks that we use to make our top-of-the-line Race Series blocks.
Thanks Onebad, for the attachment, i had talked to Dick Maskin about 3 weeks ago, but it was in relation on a 496"customer build up, i wanted to use the 308 iron eagle heads, and wanted to know if they would be a good choice for the motor. Which he said they would be the best choice avialble. I just got the email today about the Chinese blks., for like 1/2 price and was curious about the Dart stuff after getting the email.

Zip.