View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 05:55 PM
mike67sscamaro
SHOW GUEST

Default 68 chevelle hooking issues

CAR- 68 chevelle BBC stock type suspension all steel except hood and weighing in at 3150 w/driver.
currently using 30x9 hoosier bias on 10" wide rims
anti-roll bar
(old) competition engineering 3 way shocks all the way around.
front end travel all out.
car 60 foots 1.40 to 1.50 depending on hook and weather.

the car seems to be spinning the tires right on the launch.

I leave at 4000 on the brake the motor seems not to like anything smaller.

As ive noticed in the last two outings the car is consistantly spinning about .04 off the 60 foots.
The reason i know is come sometimes it wants to plant the tires and haul the mail. I can usually feel it when it does it cause it carries the front wheels about 15 foot out.
I've been lucky and gone a few rounds thanks to r/t's and just the feeling on the bottom of my pants.

This is a fairly new combo for this car as it use to have a SBC.

There are a couple things i know that need to be done. Had the a-arm bushing replaced and they have not been de-burred. Also someone also mentioned putting new front springs in possibly going with moroso trick fronts. But i love the way the car sets but i guess that doesnt win you races. Could i still get the same ride hieght with a differnt (heavier spring.)
Could also put another battery in the back for weight transfer help.

Anyone know of weight savings and benefits of going to a new tubular style a arms with coil-over combo??

i have farted around with tire pressure going from 14 all the way to 9 (heavy cars dont like 9 p.s.i. by the way

tryed doin diferent style of burnouts....

all this with the same outcome.

I know the is something that needs changing on the front just would like yall opinion on this before i go spending hard earned money.

Thanks,
Mike