Thread: be honest
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 11:09 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Avery i shouldn't be posting to this thread, but i'm an old man who has lived out west for over 20 yrs before moving back to the deep south. Bikes are the norm out there because of the weather.
i donot like Fords as a norm, but at the same time i know what bike crashes can do, and every biker is there for the taking. I work at a company where ther are 12 employees. There are 5 Harleys and 1 Hbusa owed there, but i see cars driven mostly to work, even in 90 degree weather.
Bottom line and you said it, i have a wife and 2 little girls, i know you and i have never met but there are 2 kinds of bike riders, those that have been down and those that are going down. There's no in between, you will go down, it's just how much damage will you substain.
I am by no means suggesting that you trade for the truck, i just think you are in a dangerous arena with the bike, and you have responsibilities to your family to not put yourself in that arena. O'k i've been tough on you, i'm an ex desert racer and have died about 3 times, but never riden the street, because it's not me it's the none caring traffiuc comming at me.
Sorry if i came on strong, but i have seen what can happen on the street, and i donot trust what i would have to face in everyday traffic.

WoW!! you gonna gonna hate me, but i'll tell you what, i'll pay your life ins. policy if you will make me your benificery.

Zip.