Thread: hesitates
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 07:49 PM
sds10racer
MASTER BUILDER

went to the track today. yesterday i put a curve kit in the dist finally. i know i know, should have done this a long time ago . set it at all in at 34' at 2800. switched the primary pump cam to a different spot. too it today and first run was pretty good. .006 reaction, 1.60 60ft and 11.71 et. went back and bumped the timing up to 38 all in and dropped down to 11.69. left it there and went best of 11.68. made it to final round and i think i got the tires too hot. spun real bad of the line and on the shift to second. still went 11.85 hitting the brakes at the end when i caught the other guy. he hit the stripe at the same time i hit the brake so i don,t think i would have won as i was just a little behind. was hoping he would break out. this was king of the track day. he went on and finished runner up. all in all i think i made headway with my problem. next race will tell me more as i didn't want to change anything as it was working good. consistant low 11.7's. thanks for the tips and suggestions,charlie