View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 05:37 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

i am not surprised with hearing the tranny deal...

listen Wes can i give you some good advise here ??.......man if you can go ahead and get him to cut out your stock tranny tunnel and go ahead and put back a removable aluminum tunnel of some sort...

i know right now (money is going out faster then coming in) and you might shrug your shoulders at this cause it might take a few hundred more...but trust me..the 1st time you have to drop that tranny cause a input shaft or something broke you will be glad you spent the extra 200/300....If he has a plasma cutter he can carve that tunnel out as pretty as you please...they make preformed aluminum tunnels you can buy for cheap...zeus fasten that bad boy down..and you will have top side access to it at all times.....

trust me if you ever have to remove a tranny from the bottom in a tight space..you will pay 3,000 at the time to be able to remove it from the top...just give this some thought...if it will not cost but a few hundred more for goodness sakes DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...i mean even when you make up your tranny lines place a quick dis-connect right before the tranny lines go into the side of the tranny...i went to a local hydraulic and fitting store and i purchased 2 push locks with the female coupler for under $10.00.....if you NEED ME TO GET YOU THE SAME SET UP I WILL AND MAIL IT TO YOU...jegs advertise a fancy set up for $60.00 plus shipping.....

its easy to install,,i would recommend using the black cotton tweed hose..it works great with these push locks....i am assuming your running a tranny cooler..these quick disconnects are life savers when removing a tranny....

remember when putting something like you have together..try to fabricate everything that will be friendly to you when you have to work on one......i share this with you from some past painful mistakes i have made.

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "