Old 01-01-2008, 06:52 PM
margaritaman
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Update

In an effort to keep up with Wesley's HP increase I changed a few things...LOL. Actually I had a planned head change a couple months back, but a recent major backfire caused me to change a few other parts too.

The ProComp heads came off. FWIW they worked great for the minimal strip usage. A close friend sold me his AFR 210s with Jesel Sportsmans for only a grand so I couldn't pass that up. I know there are better heads out there for blower motors (I did get your pm Bill which was greatly appreciated) but the price was way right. Also stepped up to some Manton pushrods 3/8" x .120 to keep up with those shaft rockers. The 6-71 came of and in it's place went an 8-71 from The Blower Shop with a matching intake. Head gaskets are now Felpro 1003s. And for piece of mind I switched to 8mm GT drive so I could use a kevlar belt.
Well, the difference is nothing short of mind blowing. A few spins around town caused a bit of fear and sore butt muscles. The only thing I don't have is a restraint which will be coming soon just in case it burps again (thanks again Bill).