View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 06:48 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

The bad news is, whatever kind of repop dash this is has no structural support where the instrument cluster mounts! its literally just loose, sloppy rubber with no reinforcement...WTF?!?!?!?

Whomever had installed the dash pad had just installed to metal brackets to the existing cluster where the tabs were broke off on the top and screwed it into the rubber, well since the bottom had no attachments it just ripped right out!
So I took some spare scrap metal I had laying around, made some lower brackets for the cluster and some reinforcement for the cluster mounting points. I was cussing the whole time but managed to get it firmly reattached or at least as good as it gets for what I was working with

I walked away after that and spent the afternoon playing with the dogs in the yard

One last thing I did play around with is the Ziebart rustproofing thats sprayed all over the engine compartment. I put some paint thinner on a rag and started scrubbing, its going to take some patience and elbow grease but I do believe it will all come off. Here is the spot I did on the passenger fender.

Probably save that project for a rainy day or the dead of winter...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...