Thread: Block Filler
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 12:58 PM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

We used to use the very expensive Devcon # 10110 which was also called Plastic Steel A 80% Steel-Putty Type. IT was packed in a box containing the Plastic Steel A and a bottle of hardner.

Lolo. I am not remembering this. I am reading it off of a very old and I am sure shelf dead box of this stuff.

Uses suggestted are.
filling both large and small holes in castings, rebuilding broken machinery, pumps, valves, compresors etc. Building up worn shafts and other equipment .

I used to talk with Dave many years ago, but really did not ask him exactly which Devcon he was using. The stuff I just wrotye about was really a wolley-booger to get leveled into the block. It also did cost a fortune but we did not have any aftermarket bocks back then.

The other alternative was the old Pro Stock trick of boring big holes and then presing in a special sleve that when heated in a furnace at a very high temp actually brazed the cylinder into the block.

Now all I will use is the product made by Hard Blok. It spreads easier levels easier with a rubber hammer and does not shirink or pull away from the walls when it cures. I love the stuff.

Ed