View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 05:25 PM
cbtlr
SENIOR BUILDER

Default 750 Holley HO carb air gap intake ?

I was running a performer intake with a stock quadrajet..car was pretty consistent for brackets..I mounted a rpm air gap with a AED holley 750 dbl pump carb 73 primaries 80 seconds..Primaries has a 4.5 power valve the secondaries has no power valve...

Et's are better in the heat than cool air..I would think my et's across the board would be better in the night air but only gets worst as the night progress.Even after a 45 min cool off time in the night air still a loss in performance.

I am trying to set this car up for bracket racing.NO can do when my et's are all over the place..I am pretty consistent on my rt's time slip shows the car has taken a fall in performance in the cool air.Could I be a over jetted? Heat or cool night air car doesnt pull as it should on the upshift..

With the performer intake stock quad upshift in the 8th was I would say 2 seconds before the stripe..Yea some tall gears.Now with the air gap and holley I am in second gear a good 4 1/2 to 5 seconds before the stripe..Performance has improved but stumped on the loss of power in the cool air..

Any help well appreciated thanks..