View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 05:59 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: blowers

Originally Posted by injectedrat68
Hey zip how it going, anyway i talked to an shop up in MN who advertise blower built motors. They told me i can run 12.5/1 and it would have to be on alka. Ok sounds good. Now- i called another blower builder down in TX. He told me i couldnt run that compression over or under drive cause it blow the bottom right out. Also recommed that i have a 4 bolt . They also said the inside of the blower had to have a special coating on it because the alka would melt the alum. I thought alka runs really cold ? So i think im back to square one on what to do. I still havent finished putting the ft. clip on the camaro yet. Been freaking wicked busy, i guess thats good for others but i think im going to get a late start this yr. again. Thanks for reading the letter Paul
Paul, both people are right. You didn't say SM/BLK or B/BLK, but you have to have a good after market block and a good rotating assy with blower pistons, to run that compression also in all cases you can't run a street blower, it has to be hard anidized, the case and the rotors and with tefloned rotors inserts (IE racing blower) I broke mine because it was stock 350 4 bolt hi nickle blk, i was making perhaps 1200 HP, the block just couldn't handle it.

Zip.