View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 11:18 AM
TC233
SHOW GUEST

Unhappy Holding tanks on LQ trailers

I am interested in a Living Quarter Trailer. I really cannot find out that much about them except they would appear to be exactly what I am looking for. I want to be able to tour the US with a car inside the trailer and also have sleeping accomodations. So this appears to be right up my alley.

However, one thing I am unsure of, and feel rather foolish asking but why does not anyone post the size of the holding tanks for grey and black water when they post their ads?

It would seem to me you could have the nicest trailer on the planet but if the holding tank is 5 gallons then it really does not matter.

The second thing I am unsure of is, how is the tank drained? Can you hook up at a trailer park and dump the sewage and grey water?

I admit being a HUGE novice when it comes to LQ/CARgo trailers and I am sure some of the money paid for these things indicate that people are not poor and would not tolerate 5 gallon grey water tanks. So the question is, do all of them have the same size tanks and I am the only person that does not know that

If the tank is not big enough for either gray or black water, can you swap them out for bigger ones?
Wife wants a washer dryer, so I would buy a 48-53 footer and put another aluminum wall between us and the car so she could have a laundry room.
I am not a racer, but love watching, just retired so will be doing the open road, following the car racing ccts next year, so want to buy "right" this fall/winter. I have a freightliner sportchassis so weight not a big issue.

Any help appreciated.