Thread: Welfare System
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 11:47 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Dont hate him for playing the system, some people believe they are "entitled" no matter what the circumstances are.

Me and the Ex have a child with Celebral palsy, she can't walk, talk or feed herself, 100%DISABLED ok, while I was married to her I supposely made too much money for her to draw a SSI check, we were a one income family now - basically lived from pay check to pay check as most folks do.
I knew of other parents with disabled children that were drawing a check for their child, made more money than I did, I even knew of one family that got a pool put in there back yard and a had a special van given to them.
It's about saying the right thing at the social secruity office.

I remember our interview well, they asked lots of questions about personal recreational property > I.E. boats, racecar etc.
Yeah I got a 14 foot jon boat that leaks with a 78 mercury 9.9 so what? Maybe worth all of $500 and yeah I had a hooptie dragcar that might be worth 3K, of which I saved and built myself and yes my wife drives a BMW but wait its a 81 and my mom gave to us, see where I'm going with this?

We were honest and got NIL> maybe we should of lied adn drove up in my beat up 78 ford f-150 tow vehicle?

Now after a divorce she draws a check but it's miniscule, I think $200 and NO EBT card - they tell her I pay too much in child support to get a full check or EBT card!

Maybe she should of lied.

Bottom line is the system we have in place is a joke, there are so many ways to get around it, only scammers and greedy money motivated people who know how to rip people off actually reap any of the benefits.

Hard working HONEST tax payers like you and most of us are the ones putting the bill.

I feel your pain Tod.

My suggestion to you would be to get married, have a stringer full of kids, buy a big house you KNOW you CAN'T afford and lie thru your teeth when you go to the social security office.

Chow, Cp