RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
Originally Posted by bjuice
Originally Posted by qtrmile2
I'll give you something to shoot for.
5.68 @118.
Leave at 4500 rpm.
That's my opinion Brian.

wow i hope its between what you and george are calling..

John at APD said he feels 2/10th is conservative..different set ups respond differently....if i can touch the 5.80's on motor in this car i will be tickled...i hit the 5.60's and i will have to take a heart pill...LOL 8)

WE SHALL SEE !...BETS ARE LOCKED IN
You probably don't need my opinion on this change because i'm an injection person and know absolutely nothing about running alcohol carbs, BUt, switching from gas to alcohol to a bowl, i've seen up to 2 1/2 tenths, and Stacks injection up to 3 1/2 tenths. As most know i'm a stacks injection person, because they are easier to tune than tripping over a log and more consistent than most alcohol carbs.
I suppose the switch to the carb will be somewhere in-between that range when it's perfectly tuned. I would have sold you a set of 2 7/16" Hilborns for a $1,000.00 with pump and front cover, but that's water over the damn.
But i do think you can run in the 5.70's with everything right.

JMO

Zip.
Carb is so much less work.. put fuel in it and go a lot less hassel then injection and yes I've ran both. A good alky carb will not be as fast as injection but will be a copy machine.