View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 06:52 AM
bubbaf100
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

I used to run comps all the time. But between myself and the customers coming back to me pissed off I had to make an intelligent decision. And after sending 3 of the 5 cams back and took pics and gave them a run out sheet all I got back from them was excuses and excuses. 2 in particular was a Solid roller Extreme energy and a Big Mutha Thumpr H-tappet. The Extreme energy failed in two weeks on the dyno-completely missed proper heat treating. Comp didn't do anything or other zip after sending the cam back and playing phone tag. Big mutha Thumpr failed in 1 month in a customers 400SBC. The customer never drove it and the car never left my shop. I only had 6 hours of dyno time and 26 street miles. That cam failed in all aspects from 11 swiped lobes and gear failure. I'll always have respect for Comp Cams. But when it comes to making a living and have lost $$$$ from down time and me forking out $$$$ out of my own pocket to put the customer 1st and foremost and replacing cams, gaskets, lifters etc. now that's unacceptable to anyone. Especially like most us real hot rodders build and maintain all their prized investments and after years of use and they tell you in some words to get $&@?#%. Why recommend them to anyone? Save them their cash and headaches and frustration. You can never mess with any man or woman's living regardless of any entities.

Let's get back to what were really here for is helping this gentleman get a cam profile that will put'em in the winners circle.