Old 01-23-2008, 09:50 AM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

Ken,
It is truly insane to try to run that kind of a set up on the street to cruise, and anyone who trys it should be certified insane and people should stay away...... :shock: :lol:
I should know, as I ran that kind of a setup on the street for a couple of years, and beleive me it is a genuine pain in the butt..., but it can be done...
for crusing a large tank in the back feeding a 4 gal or so tank in the front, fed by a simple holley blue works fine.
the 80a is good for gas, but if you switch to alky, you will need to use a conservative tune up and small amount of boost.
A way to prime the system for starting has to be used.

The problems you have with running this on the street, is that, with gas, blowers get hot, heat everything up, so you will need a very good cooling system. You need to run the thing rich to work right, so you will always have a little soot and smoke out the back when you blip the throttle, make sure the emmisions guys are not following you....

The biggest problem I had was many times I would get a couple of cylinders flood on start up and not fire, a simple squirt of water from a water bottle on the headers will quickly tell you what ones are not firing.

I never tried alky on the street, but if you can get enough capacity to cruise for a distance, I think it woud work better. But alky also has its problems.

But I can tell you when you pull in on cruise night with this setup, you will get the looks..... :lol: