Thread: I'm scared!
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 09:47 PM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

Default I'm scared!

Hi all,
I have spent the last couple of hours reading a whole bunch of posts in the Scammers section of the forum.
I joined RJ to buy a race car and these posts are scaring the crap out of me. It seem like a whole bunch of people, both buyers and sellers, are getting screwed. I think RJ needs to find a way to address some of this. You can't stop it all but it seems almost rampant here.
I know a guy can go the legal route if he has been wronged but that's expensive and very time consuming, especially if it crosses state or even national borders. It would be much better to figure out how to stop it at the source. Maybe a small listing fee or membership fee would help pay for some software that could help.
I have been talking to a RJ member about his car and it's just what I'm looking for. He is a longtime member and seems to be respected and helpful. I hope we can do a deal and both of us are happy in the end, except of course he will miss his race car and I will be spending a lot more money than I am now. I think I can trust him (if not I'll have to hunt him down).
Just my $0.02