Old 05-17-2007, 01:08 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

hey Bill...i agree with everything you just said.

i think this thread is turning into something that its not as many of them do.

the baseline question was:
" does the double adjustable ( off the shelve)" shock stand a possibility of a bleed over from compression and rebound since its housed in the same body..
My chassis Guy says Yes and he has proved it with his shock dyno..

i do not think i got 'NO' from the last replies but got alot of other GREAT information.....( no sarcasm)

i used several TRUE double adjustable manufacture names to be able to show people the difference in this type shock. ( EXAMPLE ONLY)

the prostock guys were used as an example because they are on the cutting edge and will use the best route when it comes to their shocks.

Rj forum caters mostly to novice to weekend warriors (including me) who's cars are on the lower HP levels compared to the Pro-mod/pro-stock cars.....with that said the Novice racers are the ones that are going out here and buying the double adjustable shock when they really never need it to begin with..

so i was just trying to shead some light with these people on the difference in a true double adjustable shock VS what they are buying from chassis engineering etc.......does the off the shelf have greater range of adjustment ? ..YES.....is there a grey area of accuratley adjusting them because of rebound and compression Bleed over ?..My opinion is YES....anyone could find FACT based ionformation to back this up by GOOGLING double adjustable shock and being prepared to take some time to read mountains of information regarding the developement of the independant shock and why it was developed...

i have yet to find information supporting the opposite :?: :?:

i am still searching on my own and asking from members on the forum if you say "NO" there is not a chance of bleed over please provide me with facts to back this up.Even Ed with all the experience and advise he shared with his reponse (with respect) cannot state without a doubt with facts that bleed over is not an issue with the off the shelve double adjustable shock..

i personally believe that the (off the shelve double adjustable) shock has some issues in this area, this is why the newer independent shocks has been introduced because they were missing something in the finer tunning of this shock and they narrowed it down to the seperation of the compression/rebound by means of an external canister.

i am not telling anyone to go out and buy a pair of these shocks but i felt some would like to know the history of the finer tunning portion of the shock.......

is it worth it ?? that all depends on what you are wanting to do..your car,your budget...etc.......

i am like Ed at this point i have said enough,,anything further and i am just repeating myself......i will close my portion of this thread with saying if anyone out there has ANY fact based information that bleed over doesn't exsist in the off the shelve shock please let me know..

i think you know me well enough that i can except different opinions on all subject matter and i never take it personal and will never, never discredit anyone's opinion...cause they are entitled to it...

Ed i truly appreciate your insight and knowledge in this area. its people like you we learn from and grow in our passion for this sport/hobby etc...

thanks Bill for your input..i have learned some good stuff from this thread.

brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "