View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 09:11 AM
happyfast
SHOW GUEST

[quote="hammertime"]Need to know more about what car its in, weight, trans, rear gear and tire ? and what type of racing do you do?

is 6500 pretty standard with a peak horsepower @seven thousand Rpm? How interesting. the car Iis a Top Sportsman 63 split window tube chassis vet made by Spitzer in 1995, tires are 32 inch paddle tires for sand drags..I am guessing the car weighs about 2600 pounds without me in it I am a hundred sixty pounds.powerglide has standard gears,the rear gear ratio is 410.
I really appreciate the help. I only get to run this car a few times a year and it is not enough time to iron it out by just test and tune.I shift at one and a half seconds which is usually about 6,900 rpm and I finish the 100 yards at 6500 rpm.I am happy with the ET which is 3.6,s but I want to understand the car better.I am assuming that because it is not finishing at a higher rpm that I am wasting some power through the converter ,perhaps could use some lower gearing, but wanted some information from someone with more experience than I have