View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 06:46 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Qoute:

On the Blower deal . . "3000 RPM and you're done" . . not really. Depends on your Blower and the pulleys you use . . If that were the concrete case, you wouldn't need to overdrive a Blower like we all do on a competition Engine . . and I underdrive the little 144 on my Street Rod so that in high gear I'm not running against compression, yet when I stand on it it starts working at 2650 engine RPM . . Noticeably!

I didn't say that you couldn't flow more by overdriving the blower, boost is directly relative to how good your exhaust system is. IE- valves,headers, cam size, and timming. As you see in top fuel and top alcohol dragsters, they run short headers, to relieve the pressure. In the top alcohol funny cars you always see them spray WD 40 for a de-icer on the injection butterflys. This is because the pressure backs up and blows the alcohol back up thru the blower and freezes the butterflys open if they donot spray them, causing stuck throttle blades. Yes they run 40 to 60 percent overdrive on the blowers to produce 50 lbs plus boost, it flows a lot more fuel therfore more HP. I run a 1471 Littlefield blower with a buzzard catcher on a sm/blk chevy at 20% overdrive on alcohol pushing 40 lbs boost with zoomies. Heck i could run 50% overdrive, but i couldn't get it out the exhaust system.

Tire shake, i don't know much about that since i run door cars.

Zip.

PS, i ran my first blower car in 1964 on gas