Old 08-18-2010, 10:06 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Well Seth, that is what makes America beautiful... freedom to go around in circles in the dirt w/a car of choice. I hear ya, many a good car has been destroyed over the years... just think if you took those pictures in "1975" at the local dirt-track... it would make you sick... like Tod said.

Guess who I got to meet??? My friend's neighbor (Buzz something) who is now about 80 tears old & did all the stunts/jumps in the "General Lee" back in the day. He also did some work for Night Rider & some James Bond movies too. He broke his back 4 times, several injuries, only is about 5Ft tall. He was the first guy to drive a car on two wheels while in the drivers seat & perfected that stunt back in the 70's. Buzz told me they wrecked 20 68-70 Chargers in less than 18 shoots (less than 1 season) once in the Duke's hay-day... there are pictures of this guy doing stunts in the local restaurants here.... cool guy. He is on union terms & still does a few minor stunts to keep his union pay... he is a wealthy guy. He meant Waylon Jennings & some other cool stars. That show put a big dent in the Charger population... anyways, not everyday you meet someone like Buzz. Scooter
Are you suggesting that the DUKE BOYS didn't do all those jumps themselves? Or that COOTER couldn't really straighten and paint every panel on the car in one day?