View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 06:21 PM
sneakypete
APPRENTICE

Default Nitrous problems

I have a new 565" engine in a dragster, 15:1 compression, , approx. 900 HP. I bought a new Zex perimeter plate system, installed exactly by the instructions, filled the bottle, bought a gauge to make sure I am over 950 psi, also bought a bottle heater. I can not get the system to work properly on any power level, I installed a seperate fuel cell and Holley blue pump and regulator for the NOS, use C-16 gas in it, set the pressure at 6 like the directions stated. I also installed a separate button to activate the system and purge it along with running it thru a separate timer. I set the timing at 29, when the system is armed and the button is hit it will slowly climb to 4500 and then just stay there like its hitting the MSD chip, which it is not, it has a 7500 high chip in it, but will not rev up no matter what shot jets I put in from 100 to 250HP, they all act the same, tried a friends NOS plate and jets, works exactly the same, motor will not rev up, I take it to 3000 and hit the button and it only slowly goes to 4500, will not scream to the chip like I see other systems do, I even tried lowering the fuel pressure to 5 and then 4, still acts exactly the same???. This system was brand new in the box, nothing was used in it, I even tried another bottle, still the same, whats wrong here????????????????. System sounds like it is flooding the engine out, checked the plate with the carb off, first shot gas thru it, then NOS, then both together, all seemed to work fine. I originally had the main system on alky, even switched it over to 112 race gas, with a different carb, works exactly the same, tried by-passing the relay and timer by hitting the solenoids with 12 volts direct, worked exactly the same, can-not find anything wrong, please help.