View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 03:39 PM
blownalky3
MASTER BUILDER

Default Bearings

Firepro

You must not of looked at the very lengthy thread concerning Fram Oil Filters!!!! Go read for a while. And YES, A FILTER CAN TAKE OUT THE BEARINGS IN SECONDS, NOT MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not sticking up for anyone, but he gave you very sound advice on the filter which you clearly chose to ignore. Did you think he just dislikes Fram? Or do you think he was telling you to stay away because he has experience with oil filters causing big dollar engine failures to which Fram will do NOTHING ABOUT????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????

No matter who you choose to build your stuff, ignoring their advise when you admit knowing little about motors is kinda stupid. Just gives the builder ammo to stick it back to you. Wouldn't you rather follow their instructions to the letter and if you had problems what could they say???? You did EVERYTHING they asked right? It also makes for a tense partnership, because who you choose to spend that kind of money with should be someone you trust and who's advise you value not ignore. AGAIN, I AM NOT TAKING SIDES, but do you think his ignoring you and not having a conversation with you had anything to do with not taking his advise and then complaining to HIM?

Trust me, sh!TT happens to the best builders. I have had brand new motors break brand new stuff. Would have happened to whoever got those parts. I can tell you a guy here had his motor break on the dyno before he even got it (from a very well known mountain motor guy) and they called him and told him he needed to pay for new parts. Lets hope you fired it up and all is well.