Thread: 4 link
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 04:21 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Zano- its a good thing to pass this topic back and forth and learn all you can about 4 links chassis set ups...realistically what your gonna learn by doing this is LINGO...

i can tell by your last two post you have no experience here..and thats OK..

My suggestion to you is get your car to someone that has experience with 4 link chassis set ups including front (toe-in) etc....

if they will let you hang around and watch..that will be great...

you are inquiring in something that takes a lot of experience to get it right !

toe in,caster,camber ( front end)
squaring the car,instant center,pinion angle,shock adjustment( rebound compression) etc (rear end).
then if you get this far ya gotta know how to read a car, what makes it pull right or left,whats causing it to chassis roll,whats causing it to blow the tires off,why is it wheel standing,why is chassis unloading....bad thing is that even if you know what is causing this ..ya gotta know what adjustments to make to fix it..

Yes sir
..this is some real technial stuff that i am afraid to say a forum discussion will not get you there..

Ed Wilson posted one of the best chassis set up post in the (chassis section) of this forum check it out....just be advised there is so much Good information The chances are great your gonna get lost in a SEA of all the right things to do..

http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtopic.php?t=2363

Print Ed's article for future reference , then go seek you out someone who knows their stuff here...

i consider myself a decent all around car guy with chassis set up basic knowledge but still have the pro's set up my stuff initially..and tweek from there

My opinion Only
Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "